Thursday, May 15, 2008

sing unto the Lord

So, I'm almost done with Choir tour. We have been to Texas, Arkansas, Kansas, and Oaklahoma (not in any particular order)! It has been fun, hectic, trying, demanding, tiring, interesting, and exciting. This has been our basic routine for the last week and a half:
1. Drive from around 6-9 hours in a bus
2. Arrive at the church and start curling the hair
3. Eat dinner at the church
4. Sing for 2 hours
5. Tear down and clean up
6. Get paired with a host family and go to their home
7. Sleep
8. Wake up and do it all over again!
Here are some pictures of the churches and our tour so far:
This is a picture of one of the churches:


Here is a picture of Rissa Lauren and me at one of our concerts:

Here is Rissa and me on the bus going home from a concert:







These are my roommates for next year in the Spring when I get back from Focus on the Family:)

This is a few of us getting ready for a concert in the dressing rooms:






Sometimes when we get to the church, we have a little bit of extra time...so Rissa and I usually steal away and find our quiet spots to just be with the Lord (after being with crazy music students all day:)). Then we compare our spots at dinner. We have found some pretty sweet Baptismals.
We have 4 concerts to go with 2 days left! I'll be home Monday afternoon. I can't wait to see my family!

3 comments:

Liz said...

i love when there are pictures in blogs! :]

Bryce said...

Only one more day left!!!! Woo Hoo!

Anonymous said...

We are done!! Praise the Lord! :)