Wednesday, May 28, 2008

4 airports later...

Hey All! (notice I didn't say ya'll...my voice hasn't changed quite yet)  I'm here and its beautiful!
First thing this morning at 8:00 the Precept Staff prayed over all of the interns.  They were so excited for us to be there and it was so encouraging to see them all and to hear about how they had been praying for us.    

We also had our 
first day of class today.  We had a workshop on how to do the Basics of a Precept Upon Precept course.  We worked on a part of one of the Genesis studies.  We studied about Abraham and his obedience in faith.  It was really awesome for all of the interns because of where we are in life.  I think that even though it was a long day we were all so encouraged and so grateful.  We learned so much observing how our instructor took us through the lesson.  He also instructed us a bit on how to lead, so that was very helpful as well.  


(Here is a picture of the room I'm staying in)

   (Here is a picture of our binder for the summer!)


Tomorrow we have a Biblical Prayer Workshop that we are all really excited about. 
There are 8 interns, 4 boys and 4 girls.  Their names are: Yasmin, Ashlee, Emily(who will also be attending Focus on the Family with me in the Fall), Ryan, Nick, B
en, and Jeremiah.  We would love prayer.  Pray for strength, focus, endurance, and unity.  I am rooming with Yasmin(I met her last year at boot camp). 

It has been such a great first day and I am so looking forward to the rest of the summer.  I feel so blessed!  Thank you for your prayers!  I'll talk to you soon:)

4 comments:

Bryce said...

You weren't kidding about your binder being hefty, but it is full of so much amazing stuff! I'm so excited for you to be there! :)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome.
I'll be praying for you :).

Liz said...

i am so excited for you! :]
and you are in my prayers!

Kristi Strand said...

Yea! I love the pictures. Post some more! Wow! That is some binder!