Saturday, April 4, 2009

Christianity a fad?


the Lord has let me do a lot of fun things in the past week.  i flew out to Seattle to teach with Precept's Transform Youth Ministry.  it was a weekend addressing the issue of evil in the world and asking the tough questions about God and His goodness in the midst of suffering.  my group was awesome. i loved every minute of it and it was so much fun to see friends from tennessee. 
i was also privileged to speak in chapel during our "student chapel".  Cara Marsile and Tim Cahill both spoke as well...these two are awesome!  I got to share my passion for the Word and how the Lord has totally transformed me through the Word.  it is exciting to reflect on all that the Lord has taught me through all of the amazing things He has let me be apart of.  I shared a little about how Christianity has become a fad in the Christian College Community and how it has weakened our faith and what God has called us to.  i talked about a video that my friend Sam made at Focus on the Family during our time at our internship with Axis.  i wasn't able to show it in chapel because of the content (it is a video of short clips from the 2008 MTV VMAs) but i was able to explain it. Take a look at it.  Sam is a mac whiz, the video is excellent!  Is this true Christianity??  Doing one thing and then saying another...

No comments: