Friday, December 26, 2008

the perfect gift

well, it's the day after Christmas Eve and all the chaos has died.
I got up this morning and started my Biblestudy.  It was so exciting because not only was I able to be in the Presence of God (wow...can we just pause and think about that for a second??) but I used my Christmas gift...logos which is AWESOME!  

I'm studying 2 Samuel and I had to do a word study.  Instead of hauling the HUGE Strong's concordance and hebrew lexicons and all that jazz, I simply opened up my mac (yes, mac=way better than pc) and typed in the word and *poof* the definition came up with cross references and EVERYTHING!  wow...so much fun!  The greatest thing is that I'm not at home so even if I wanted to do a word study I couldn't, cause there is no way that I'm hauling my Strong's concordance around everywhere I go.  I would have scoliosis if I did that.  This gift is so convenient! :)

In other news...I would just like to commend my parents for having the greatest stockings EVER.  First of all, my momma made them (since I was born, we have had them...talk about quality).  She cross stitched our names into them and other Christmas paraphernalia...such as a golden french horn with assorted foliage, a shepherd with his sheep...etc.  My parents also put the greatest stuff in there!  It's not like they put crazy expensive stuff in there but just the simple things that you look forward to every Christmas.  There are some staples that we always get: a mini bottle of martinelli's sparkling cider, gum, underwear, socks, a cool pen or pencil, chapstick (for John)/lip gloss (for the girls), and this year my parents put jelly bellys in our stockings!  So fun!  I would say that stockings are the favorite...but my new favorite is logos.  I am a believer:)

but the greatest thing about our stockings and logos is that it reminds me of the Perfect Gift and that is my Savior.  As great a gift as logos was, it will never top the gift that was given many years ago.  How gracious is our Heavenly Father to send part of Himself in human flesh, and to humble Himself (remember this is God we are talking about) to save us from our sins.  Wow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! Thanks! I love you!