Sunday, November 16, 2008

axis in texas.


So we are off to Fort Worth Texas to do an axis presentation.  There are 6 team members on this trip including myself:
Rachel, Bri, Simon, Meghan, and David our Supervisor.  We are speaking to a bunch of high schoolers for 3 days.  We are super excited.  I will post more pictures later if we have internet access.  
Oh, and I guess I should explain what axis is, in case you don't know.  It is my practicum while I am at Focus on the Family.  We do a presentation on worldviews and use media clips to explain what worldviews are being portrayed in our country.  We use movies and music and explain what the lyrics mean and what messages they are sending/targeting their audiences and bring to light what the media is doing in our culture.  

Please pray for Simon.  He has a sprained ankle and just got the flu (which has been going around the institute...I haven't gotten it...yet).  Pray for our team and our supervisor and that we would be sensitive to the Holy Spirit as He leads us as we teach the students.  Also, please pray for the students hearts and that they would be so soft as truth is revealed and darkness is overcome by light!  Thank you!

5 comments:

Cinders said...

remember to HYDRATE!! and lots o' vitamin c!!

excited to hear how God uses you!

rachel said...

your hair is so long!!!

Anonymous said...

Rachel is right! Your hair is SO long! I can't wait to see you! Glad for the blog! It helps me know more than I get from these text messages. It's NOT fellowship! I need more! :)

Anonymous said...

btw: the annonymous one is ME, your mom! xoxo

Liz said...

i second what everyone said!! your hair is SO long!