Saturday, October 11, 2008

my life in colorado


ok, so Colorado is probably one of the most beautiful places in the fall.  My camera cannot capture how beautiful the yellow leaves are, but here are a few pictures of my apartment and life at Focus.


Our apartments are really great.  Here is the front view:

















Every morning I get to go outside on our porch and drink coffee while I see this view:

And this is pikes peak a little bit to the left of that view:)  It is gorgeous!
















So, welcome to my apartment:)  This is the kitchen and desk/dinner table area:


And this is the living room (and Callie):















Then you walk a little farther and you come to my bedroom and bathroom:)





































So this is my home.  I love it here!  My roommates and I love to take pictures so here are a few from random days at the institute:
Here is a pic from our first day of school:












And here is a pic of our first day of church in the Springs (p.s. look at the mountains in the background!):


So there were a few september birthdays.  One of our friends had a birthday party next door so our apartment decided to go to goodwill and buy some fun party clothes (This picture still makes me laugh):

I shared my birthday with another student here at the institute, Ashlie.  She is pretty much my twin.  We have taken a bunch of personality tests and we are both the "powerful hammer" and a "lion".  This means we are take control/competitive girls. lol  Anyways, we went to an airforce football game for our birthdays.  Then for dinner a whole bunch of us went out for dinner.  It was so much fun!
We also had a girls weekend retreat in the mountains and here is yet another roomie pic.:)  This is prob my fav pic so far!

We have also done a lot of hiking and I have made some really great friends.  Today was a super cold and foggy day.  We watched some college football and then decided to take a short road trip to denver to visit the outlet mall.:)  Getting new jeans on sale at the gap outlet for $20 (that actually fit well) is just SO exciting:)

3 comments:

Liz said...

this blog makes me wish i was there with you!!

Bryce said...

I'm glad that you are loving it there. The pics are great and the mountains look amazing!

Becca said...

you seem to find twins wherever you go...lol.