Saturday, October 4, 2008

JFA

ok, so I borrowed a friend's camera memory card reader, so now I have pictures to share with you!! :)

So, the Justice For All day was a really great experience!  I learned so much and was able to really share Christ with a few students.
Thank you all for praying.  Here are a couple pictures of the and our couple days.  I want you to be able to see how big the exhibit is but some of the pictures are pretty graphic...so just a warning:









The 2 days we were on the Colorado State University campus was absolutely amazing. I had some really great conversations with students. I'd like to share some of those conversations with you.


















One of the girls I talked to the first day was just staring at the exhibit so I went up to her and asked her what she thought. She replied that she really didn't know what she thought about the issue. It really has amazed me how we have been trapped by what the media is telling us about right and wrong. I talked to so many people who would say that they would never get an abortion and they would agree that the unborn was still a human being but that they still couldn't tell a woman what she should do with her body. It was amazing. It was heartbreaking as well. Anyways, I talked with that girl for about 15 minutes about the issue and she asked me what I thought abo
ut the cases of rape and incest (that was the most common question...and those cases only make up 1% of all abortions). I was able to share with her about how much I valued life and although that was such an AWFUL situation, it still created a life and there is a reason that the life was created. We were also able to talk about our world and society and by the time she walked away she had an opinion about the issue and she understand why she valued human life. 







































I have a million stories about people who flat out just wanted to fight and yell, but the cool thing with JFA is that we want to share the love of Christ in our actions so when you looked at the people around the exhibit, all of the students that were having conversations with us were being loved on. I can't believe how many students we were able to pray with. 

But another story I want to share is that I saw this other girl just staring at the exhibit with such despair on her face. I went up to her and asked her how she was doing. She said that she was feeling so depressed. She had a cross necklace on (I know that doesn't mean much) and so I started hinting at Christianity a bit. I explained why we were out here. She said that she was pro-life but that these pictures make her even more pro-life. She then said that it seems hopeless though. I told her about the other story of the girl I talked to that morning and explained that no matter what, people are talking about this issue more now. After she heard that story she lit up. I told her that I was praying for the Christians at the school because I knew this was going to affect them so much. I knew that the professors were talking about it in their classes and probably harassing the students. She was SO grateful and so encouraged. She told me that she would be praying for us. It was awesome to meet her because I was in her shoes 2 years ago at my school.

So anyways, thank you SO much for praying. Oh One last story I HAVE to tell you is that one of the girls from Focus (Jenna) shared her testimony with one of the students at CSU and she told Jenna that she had taken a pregnancy test that morning and called to schedule an abortion appointment for that afternoon. She tole Jenna that she wasn't going to go to the appointment later on in the afternoon because of Jenna's testimony! So amazing! Praise the Lord! He is so amazing. Thank you thank you thank you for praying!

JFA is coming to UCLA in May.  I'm planning on helping out there so if anyone wants to get trained and help out let me know (especially you CBU students since we are so close!) let me know and I'll keep you updated.

No comments: