Monday, March 3, 2008

memorizing scripture...

So a professor here at CBU blogged about the importance of memorizing scripture and a really good program of how to effectively memorize.  It is a program that John Piper has established at his church in Minnesota(said in a funny accent)! :)  
So go to his blog.  It is really exciting.  I feel like although I know where in my Bible passages may be, I can't go to any Bible and find exactly where the verse is that I'm looking for.  I'm getting a little better, but I think that it is important to have it memorized, and really know the book that we, as Christians, claim to believe.  If it holds all authority in our lives, then we should know it.  One of my friends and I really want to do this.  If anyone else wants to, you should let me know!
The system is called  the 'Fighter Verse System".  Click on the link.  It will explain most of it, but if you click on the link there that says, "the benefits are numerous" it will send you to Piper's Church(Bethlehem Baptist) and they even have tips and methods of how to study that are really helpful!

Oh, and one more thing.  I was reading a interview by Anthony Calzia with Dr. Chediak in our school's newspaper and he has a book on dating that I think is pretty right on.  I haven't read it yet, but want to as soon as I have a free minute and let you know how it is!:)  I think it is close to $11 through Amazon.com!

3 comments:

rachel said...

the thing that help me memorize stuff is making up a song.

or doing hand motions.

ac said...

Bible Memorization is important for growth in joy. "Your words have I hidden in my heart that I might not sin against you"! Holiness is our happiness and anything that leads to our joy, in Christ, is worth everything! Also, they have some copies of Dr. Chediak's book in bookstore at CBU!

Holly Stavness said...

thanks anthony!