Monday, September 8, 2008

we have a picture of an elk on our plane

So we are in the Sacramento airport right now.  I'm excited that I don't have to travel alone this time.  We have a mess of bags around us.  I got everything in 2 suitcases, 2 very large (and pushing the limit) carry ons, 2 purses and overflow in dad's suitcase.  But I got everything in!! :)

This last weekend was super fun.  Saturday my friends Bryce and Trevor came down to hang out with my fam.  We had "special olympics" in the pool that included relay races, marco polo games, and cannon ball contests.  We also watched What About Bob which is one of my favs!  I got to see everyone at church one last time which is always so encouraging!

Ok, I've got to go to the bathroom before we get on the plane.  Those airplane toilets scare me.  Why do they have to be so loud??

oh and for those of you who are avid readers, I'm reading "When I don't desire God" by John Piper which is really good.  I'm almost done.  My mom is reading "Never Surrender" by Gen. William G. Boykin.  She just started it.  He was a commander of US Army Special Forces and she is really excited about it.:)  

p.s.
Crazy...we just saw people that we know really well that are on our same plane!  Sometimes it seems that we know everyone.  

ok BYE! 


2 comments:

Bryce said...

You guys def know everyone...movie theaters, costco, airports 2 hours from your house. :) I hope that you found the Sacramento airport to have been a good experience as far as you can have a good experience in an airport. I'm so glad you were able to squeeze everything in to all your luggage. Did you sit on your carry-ons too? :) Well, I hope you survived the airport bathroom. Use that first stall. ;) I hope your flight was good.

Liz said...

i LOOOOOOVE what about bob!!