Friday, April 4, 2008

the new faces of CBU


Ok, so I'm going to blog about an event that happened in my life the other day!  Exciting...I know.  So since CBU is growing rapidly they are investing in advertisement.  They have already shot one commercial that a couple of my friends and I got to be involved in.  Jonathan talked about scooters and skateboarding around campus (because it is the cool thing to do here...I even bought my roommate a scooter for Christmas:)...oh and a side note: it was $18!!!  I remember when my parents bought them for us kids and they were around $100!  We had to have grandparents chip in for them!)  They interviewed me about campus life and how the on campus "community" was like(it was corny, but they used it! hehe)  
So this time, they filmed Monica and I in our cottage-mate's room next door to ours(she is the admission host that hosts prospective students when they come visit our campus).  Monica sat on the bed and I was at the desk.  They made us act like we were doing our homework.  Monica was working on her computer while I was reading Old Testament Ethics!  Quite invigorating:)  

They made me ask her a random question (so it looked like we were talking about something important) and then she was to answer back.  Side note: Improv is tough! :)  Then Monica and Rachel (another fellow cottage-mate) went into the kitchen to do more shooting.  By now, we felt like real actresses.  Where are my peanut m&m's??  Rachel and I played cards while Monica made tea! lol

So now that we've made it into 2 commercials, I think I have to say that we are the new faces of CBU!

And this is my RA cindy:  I love her.  
She loves India and is pretty much the greatest RA ever:)

5 comments:

Liz said...

aww fuuuuuuuuun!! :]
those pictures definitely came out cute!
...i donno how they wouldn't have with you being in them though :]

ac said...

Your famous now! I know a star! This is great :)

rachel said...

:]

sunday night we wont be acting when we play cards and i will defeat you.

Cinders said...

you guys are amazing and i am glad YOU GUYS got to be in the videos despite my dislike of marketing :)

thanks for the shout-out. love you!

Bryce said...

I absolutely love you and rachel in the picture of you playing cards. Your faces are priceless. :)